Sunday, February 10, 2008

Thing 1 (apologies to Dr. Seuss)

Old dog, new tricks.
Twenty-three things on a stick.
New trick, old dog.
Thing One: start a blog.

Okay, that's enough doggerel; time to get to the point of this post. Every fiber of my being rebels against blogging. I'm a very private person, and the thought of publishing my thoughts online for the whole world to see appalls me. I know, I know, there are many times more blogs than there are readers of said blogs, but still...

Setting up the blog was fairly easy, and I've already played around with changing the template. The avatar was more trouble, mostly because the choices at Yahoo! weren't entirely satisfactory.

2 comments:

aurora said...

Welcome to 23 Things on a Stick! I feel like I should e-mail Barb to let her know that we finally have you blogging. Luckily, for this experience, we will at least give you some prompts to think about as you write-- that does make it easier.

I told you about where to find the SELS blogs... you can also find those here.

Ann said...

Congrats on getting started with 23 Things on a Stick! And I am sure Dr. Seuss wouldn't mind.

SELCO staff, including me, will be working through the program as well. We hope to have fun along the way and will offer the opportunity for regional prizes to all who complete the program by National Library Week. Enjoy!

Ann Hutton at SELCO